Monday, October 17, 2016

Oh! And I forgot this awesome experience!

I'M BLAMING THE HIVES FOR MY FORGETFULNESS

it is amazing to see the spirit in action! and to just be a conduit for it, we were talking with a thirteen year old investigator, the one who reminds me of my nephew, and he was talking before about how much he likes video games, well i flipped through my book of mormon, looking for a scripture to share, when i saw one that i drew someone coming out of a grave on. i remembered that he likes zombies. so i read it and told him about the resurrection and how we can live again, but unlike zombies,we will be like we are now, but we will have perfect bodies. i then told him how important it was to me because my grandpa had lou gherigs. he blamed his allergies but it was just what he needed to hear. sister henderson told me he had lost alot of people who were close to him lately. The spirit is amazing!!! there was another less active member that we were talking to, and she asked me why i went on a mission, and i told her that i had been without a testimony before, because i had relied on the testimonies of my parents and siblings. she then opened up to us about how she had read some church history things that had made her loose her testimony of Joseph smith, and the book of mormon. so we asked if i could practice teaching the lessons (because 1 i need to and 2 she needs it... we didnt tell her the second one) with her and her family and she agreed! then we asked some potential investigators that love having us over just so that they can talk about the word of god, they are looking for a church, but an apostolic church, but they are so kind, so sister henderson and i asked if i could teach them the lessons and they agreed as well!! who knew me being a greenie could get us to do so much good!


No comments:

Post a Comment