Monday, April 24, 2017

Well Hello

Hello my dear friends and family!!!
how is life? 
life here in the AZ sun is pretty well okay... EXCEPT FOR ITS BLAZING HOT!!!
yes yes dear friends that time has come, that dreaded 3 digit weather. we almost hit it yesterday, we were only 1 degree off from 100 (so for my mathematically challenged friends aka me) that means it was 99. BIKING IN 99!!!  IN APRIL!!! there are supposed to be these things called april showers but NOPE JUST APRIL PREHEATING. all my arizona friends are probably like "c'mon sister cordon this isnt even bad" and i know this, but i also just know that its going to GET WORSE!! this ice cube is gonna melt!!!

anyway, we got an awesome referral we are trying to get in with so thats fun,
also GUESS WHAT?? so i did some lds.org sleuthing because i am a sleuther  
and i found that the ogden temple is around 27,000 square feet larger than the gilbert temple. which is also nuts!

​ogden


gilbert


it does not look like it but it is!! 
i love my temples so much!!

i love the peace i can find there, even just in the parking lot or  on the grounds. we bike there for our work outs in the morning and i just feel so loved!! i feel like i am im a place where i am not judged and where i am safe.

i know this gospel is true!! it makes me happy when i am sad, and it gives me the strength to push on. i will admit, there are days when i want to go home, where i miss my mountains and i miss my family. there are days when i dont want to get on my bike and talk to people. but, i am a daughter of the Most High God and gosh diddly darn it i have a work to do. because there are other children of the Most High God who dont know this, who are sad, alone, or dont know where they can find peace, and joy and i know we can be happy through christ BECAUSE of christ. thats why im out here, why i have been out here  for 7 months and why i am staying out for the last 11 because that message, that HOPE is so important!!


anyway that is my rant for the week, i dont have any funny stories just that THIS RANDOM LADY FROM SOUTH AFRICA AND HER FRIEND WERE MOVING THIS GIGANTIC PLANT so of course we stop and offer to help, ya know doing the missionary thing living the missonary life and she said yes! so we helped her move like 200 plants, of various sizes she does this thing where her entire garden was in pots and containers, it was cool, but a pain in the bottom to move, we ended up calling the elders and havingthem do it while we talked to the women. they were super grateful and it was fun :)
anywho!! thats it for this week folks!! hope you have had a wonderous day full of joy and smiles :)
and Jesus, cause Jesus is pretty much the most amazing person ever :)

Love yall and cant wait to hear from you!
love
sister, sestra, hermana (what have you) cordon

this is me next to a school that shows the temperature,
yup its heating up!! and i do not know what to do about it!

also, i had a friend send me this picture because my companion says its my spirit animal and all i can think of is 
hello!! want to learn about jesus and the book of mormon? it makes me happy!!!
 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment